SOCIAL MEDIA

Kid Craft: How to Make a Doll Bulletin Board

5.05.2012
2012-05-05

Zoey and I were at the dollar store today and we found a couple of little things for her dolls (see below), but I also picked up a regular picture frame to make into a bulletin board to hang near her doll desk.  While I was at it I snapped some photos to share a little "how to."

Supplies Needed: cork, scissors, adhesive, small frame, two lengths of ribbon and possibly a hole punch and a nail for hanging

DSC05193

DSC05194

DSC05195

DSC05196

DSC05197 DSC05198

DSC05205

It's such a small little touch but it makes her doll play area all the more warm and cozy!  :)  Now, onto the other little items we scored on our shopping trip.

A red piggy bank that really has an opening on the top for coins.  I read an online tip to look at key chains for items that are miniature that you can take off the ring and chain to use for your dolls and that's where I found this.  It's perfect!  Now Zoey's dolls can start saving up for shopping trips themselves!  We snagged this for 50 cents.

DSC05207

We also found a camera for her dolls!  When you look through the viewfinder you see photos of dinosaurs and they change when you click the button on the top.  :)  This was also 50 cents.

DSC05208

We picked up a little mini combed crown that is perfect for when Kristen wants to dress up in her fancy gowns.

DSC05192

And the biggest score of the day?  A bowling set of course!  This is sooooo cute and I have a feeling there will be many games of bowling up ahead.  I wonder which doll will be the best at this activity?  :)

DSC05211

It's so fun looking in unexpected places for things for dolls!  It's amazing at what you can find!

post signature
TOBEY said...

Zoey is so fortunate to have a mom who loves entering her world of doll play and helps to make it more fun!!!

LessonPlans-CraftGossip said...

I agree with the above comment! What an amazing world you have helped your daughter create for her doll! Just posted the craft on Craft Gossip!

http://lessonplans.craftgossip.com/?p=5971

Jennifer Davis said...

Thanks you guys! I have to admit that I have just about as much fun playing with dolls as Zoey does. ;)

Anonymous said...

I have a third grand daughter who is just five. Her older sisters went through American Girl dolls ten yrs. ago. Now there are several dolls for her to play with. I was inspired by your tute to create a space for her. This is just fantastic. Thanks for taking the time to post this.