SOCIAL MEDIA

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

4.01.2015

It's spring break here this week for Zoey and Ethan which means on Sunday, Zoey and I both woke up sicker than dogs. Sore throat, cough, fever...the whole bit. I actually lost my voice on Tuesday. Finally (maybe) I'm starting to feel better today (though I'm still medicated) and Zoey pretty much just has a cough left. Not how we planned for things to go! We actually had plans to get out of town for a couple of days and it was pretty hard to let Zoey know that we'd have to postpone them because it just wouldn't be fun to do it when we were both not feeling our best. 

We've been trying to make the best of it though. For me that means lots of reading (The Sky is Everywhere, Say What You Will, Mosquitoland and The Secrets of Midwives are what I've tackled so far). Lots of playing for Zoey (Barbies, Fairies, American Girl Dolls, drawing, and taking photos). And for Ethan it's meant time to write and catch up on watching some basketball games. 

Today after a trip into town to the video store and to get some groceries Zoey said, "Let's go fly a kite!" and once at home, Ethan started stringing up her kite.


It turned out to be a pretty good day for it.






We didn't stay too terribly long because it looked like rain was possibly heading our way and on the way home, sure enough we had some sprinkles on the windshield.


I feel like you can see how tired and sick I am in this picture but I'm sharing anyway. Real life here...


We are now cozied up for an evening at home. If there is one thing to be thankful for, it's that we are all home together at least...hoping now that Ethan doesn't get sick!

post signature